1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Ancestry unable to display original images of census/BMD documents

Discussion in 'Latest news' started by Bryman, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Bryman

Bryman LostCousins Megastar

I have been unable to view original census and BMD forms at Ancestry for almost a week. When I click to view the image from the transcription, I am greeted with the message . . .

"Oops, we've hit a snag. We were unable to retrieve the image. Please try again."

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I have reported this to my local library through which I access Ancestry and after enquiries to support staff, the eventual response was that it is a known problem which is being worked on at Ancestry. There has been no indication as to whether this is just a NZ problem or more widespread.

2. Norman

Norman LostCousins Member

I think Ancestry are experiencing all sorts of problems. My tree(s) have recently reported many new hints after finding and adding a new branch. On clicking "ignore" for those that are not valid the system seems to hang. Clicking "facts" and then going back to "hints" creates the busy graphic (spinner). On going back to view all hints they often appear to have disappeared but will return if the page is refreshed. Can't find any mention of the problems in the support pages.