1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Ancestry Homepage change warning

Discussion in 'Ancestry' started by JoyNor, Dec 18, 2020.

1. JoyNor

JoyNor Guest

I don't usually log out of Ancestry but had to do so today. When I logged back in the homepage has changed - drastically! On the right previously I had Quick Links to a whole series of trees I was interested in going back to, along with links to record sets I use often (eg Non Con Records). I had the remainder of the page customised to how I preferred to see it. Has anyone else found this change?

It is really annoying as I have lost so much useful information at the click of a mouse, for it to be replaced by an in your idiot face homepage. I had this change on my main PC. Fortunately on my tablet I am still logged in on the old format - so advise anyone who does not want the new version to stay logged on.

I tried searching the usual Help(less) options and also googled "customise ancestry homepage" with no results that are remotely relevant.

2. Pauline

Pauline LostCousins Megastar

You may well find that your homepage hasn't actually changed, and this can happen if you have logged into a guest (non-subscriber) account at Ancestry on the same computer. If you have done that, then you need to log out of Ancestry again, then delete all Ancestry related cookies and temporary internet files, and then try again. This usually sorts it.

As a tip for the future, if you want to log into a guest account (which you may do if, for example, you are managing someone else's DNA test), then try using a different browser to do it.

3. JoyNor

JoyNor Guest

Thanks Pauline. I was logged off because I was changing my password and wanted to be sure it let me back in. I did log back out and in about 3 times but nothing changed but of course did not think to delete cookies etc. No - I am not managing anyone's DNA, but that is useful information for anyone who has a similar issue with Ancestry.

4. JoyNor

JoyNor Guest

You are a star Pauline! Cleared the cookies and voila! back to normal. Thanks so much - Santa has been told to drop you an extra pressie!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  5. Pauline

Pauline LostCousins Megastar

Glad it worked!