1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Ancestry gift subscriptions

Discussion in 'Latest news' started by CarolB08, Nov 13, 2018.

1. CarolB08

CarolB08 LostCousins Member

Last night while looking at Ancestry.co.uk I looked under the extras tab and came across the offer of 20% off a gift subscription, either 6 or 12 months plus it looks like the subscription does not automatically renew when its run its course.
    Now who can I get to send me one for Christmas :). Screenshot_2018-11-13 Select a Gift Subscription.png Screenshot_2018-11-13 Select a Gift Subscription(1).png

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Are you a subscriber to LostCousins Carol? There is a link on this page that takes you to a 50% off.

3. CarolB08

Thank you Tim but yes I am and it does not run out until next May, I just thought it might help others. Mind you if someone took pity on me I could set up a separate account to use it after mine ran out ;)

4. Tim

The link appears to work for everyone. You just let your existing sub run out, and then use the link to renew.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  5. CarolB08

Just checked your link Tim and its only for monthly or quarterly subscriptions.

6. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Uh, no.....

7. CarolB08

So am I either looking at the wrong link or just plain nuts ?

Save 50% on Findmypast monthly or quarterly subscriptions

I'm sure that many of you have been busy over the weekend carrying out free searches - but there's only so much you can do in 3 days. So the good news is that Findmypast are following up their free access offer with a discount to attract new subscribers - until midnight (London time) on Monday 19th November you can save 50% on all new quarterly and monthly subscriptions when you follow the links below:

8. CarolB08

As you were I just spotted the other link :oops: and I stand corrected :rolleyes: that was the price I paid when I ordered my dna kit in May, would it still work if I renewed my subscription before May 2019?

9. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

I very much doubt it. In fact I'm not sure you can renew an Ancestry subscription early online.

10. Tim

You have to let your subscription lapse, and then you can use the link to rejoin at half price.

11. PhilGee

PhilGee LostCousins Member

For the last 2 years I have let my subscription lapse and within a short time received an "inducement" half-price offer :rolleyes:

Phil

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  12. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Well, I was expecting the same inducement but it was not forthcoming last year. I have let my sub lapse again this year...still waiting...However I shall use a discount link in the New Year when finances have recovered. I have a FMP sub (which I much prefer anyway).