1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Ancestry enhancements

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by At home in NZ, Sep 30, 2021.

1. I am sure, like me, you expect Ancestry to be working on providing more and better transcribed records in order to make research easier. I am finding small enhancements that are like 'tips' on how to use it, this is the latest.

I went to look at a tree where I am a guest and was presented with this:
    upload_2021-9-30_11-55-40.png

for curiosity sake I clicked on Next:
    upload_2021-9-30_11-56-17.png

then clicked on Next:
    upload_2021-9-30_11-56-42.png

Now that I know it's not telling me anything I didn't know next time I see this I shall simply click on the cross in the first window.

For the record I'm not criticising their efforts to make the site easier to use but I do feel like they are making it 'Ancestry for dummies'.

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

You won't see it next time. My tests indicate that it only shows up the first time you view a tree to which you have guest access.