1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Amazon links

Discussion in 'Ask Peter' started by patzy, Oct 22, 2016.

1. patzy

patzy LostCousins Member

Peter, can you add amazon.com.au when, (in the newsletter), you have links for buying kindle books.
    I often buy the books you mention, but my account is with Australia and I would like Lost Cousins to benefit from my purchases!

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately Amazon don't have an affiliate scheme for their Australian site - I don't know why. But if you're buying physical books LostCousins will benefit when you order them from The Book Depository. using that link.

3. patzy

patzy LostCousins Member

Thanks for the reply, Peter.
    Being the impatient type, I have to wait for the Book Depository stuff to arrive! Amazon is so much more convenient.

I've just had a look to see if I can ask Amazon about this affiliate business, but I could not find a suitable "contact us".:(

4. peter

I mentioned Book Depository because so many Australian members have told me how much they save on postage compared to Amazon. However they may be referring to books that Amazon doesn't stock in Australia and have to be sent from overseas (in which case the delivery time would probably be similar).

5. Gillian

Gillian LostCousins Star

Another online bookshop that gives excellent, friendly and prompt service including free deliveries anywhere in the world is Wordery. I have used them many times and can vouch for their reliability.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  6. peter

Thanks, Gillian - members will also be supporting LostCousins when they order from Wordery using the links in this thread.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2