1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Ahnentafel numbers, I am curious ......

Discussion in 'How to decide who to enter' started by Britjan, Jun 21, 2015.

1. DaveMcS

DaveMcS LostCousins Member

Hmm, there is an error in my calculation - I had manually calculated on a binary basis - 2,4,8,16 etc for each generation, but on the final generation an error crept in - I shall re-calculate. Hopefully someone will tell me of software the includes such numbering, please? The 336/337 above should be 232/233 !! mea culapa.

2. Unfortunately not, unless you use Family Tree Analyser. There is also an Ancestor chart you can use to work the numbers out yourself, see this link. if that doesn't work there is an alternative link in the Welcome Page here.

Last but not least, welcome to the Forum.

3. DaveMcS

DaveMcS LostCousins Member

Aha ,"At Home" - I occasionally use FTA, and very recently to help enter LC data, but had not noticed the Ahnentefal numbers, doh. Thank you for your welcome, LC is certainly a unique Genealogy site, hopefully it will be fruitful, and I enjoy the Newsletters.

4. Susan48

Susan48 LostCousins Superstar

The MacFamilyTree program automatically assigns Ahnentafel numbers, only they're called by the alternative name Kekulé numbers.