1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

A Family of Strangers

Discussion in 'Latest news' started by RoseJA, Dec 27, 2021.

1. RoseJA

RoseJA LostCousins Member

Hello all,
    Hope you had a good Christmas & best wishes for the New Year.

I've just listened to the above programme broadcast on BBC Radio4 a few days ago about a rather extreme example of what can be found out as a result of a DNA test. I found it very interesting in the points it made about attitudes towards new technologies and why people kept quiet about things. Just goes to show how important it is to tread carefully when contacting DNA matches.

It can be found at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0012qyn
    (available for about a year)

Kind regards,
    Rose

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

I couldn't agree more. Some people test because they know there's a mystery waiting to be uncovered, but others are unsuspecting.

Also beware of the assumption that the 'anomaly' is in the other person's tree - it could be our own tree that is incomplete or erroneous.

I look forward to listening to the programme - note that you need a BBC account these days.