1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

25 April - ANZAC records free

Discussion in 'Comments on the latest newsletter' started by jorghes, Apr 23, 2018.

1. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

As with the 25th being DNA Day, it is also ANZAC Day. (Commemoration of Australia's soldiers, on the date the ANZACs landed at Gallipoli).

Ancestry Australia (and most likely New Zealand) allows free access for all war records over the weekend and up until the end of ANZAC Day.

Ancestry Australia was offering DNA tests for $49 plus shipping - can't find the advertising, so it might have already finished because of ANZAC Day.

Ironically, most of the Australian records you can already access for free elsewhere (and they're some of the most detailed in the world, so lucky if you have a ANZAC in your history).

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

I very much doubt they were offering tests at $49 - the normal price is $129, and the best price I've ever seen at Ancestry.com.au is $89. The lowest ever price in the US is $49 plus taxes and shipping, but that's US dollars, and the current sale price is $59.

3. jorghes

Might have been $59. Couldn’t find the ad anyway so it might have finished.

4. peter

Even $59 is hard to believe - it would be less than half-price. Perhaps what you saw was actually an ad for Ancestry.com, where there is a sale price of $59 at the moment?

5. jorghes

Hmm... I think I know how this has come about.

I finally got my grandmother to do a DNA test for me, and I had to sign up for her. It looks as though I accidentally signed her up to the US site!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  6. peter

That shouldn't be a problem as presumably you will be managing the test on her behalf from your own account.

7. jorghes

No, I am managing it, I haven't switched off the promotional emails though!