1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Ancestry Family Trees as hints

Discussion in 'Ancestry' started by John Dancy, Apr 19, 2024.

1. John Dancy

John Dancy LostCousins Superstar

When I started building my tree on Ancestry some years ago you would find that, as "Hints", you were given a choice of a number of other member's family trees to help you. Two or three years ago this was restricted to just being given three (although on occasion you would find more came up) The three given could be compiled by a DNA cousin you didn't know about (because their tree was unlinked) or provide two or three different versions of 'the truth' as to your individual's parents and siblings. Now it seems we are to be given just one, with the option of seeing who else they have in the family by using a drop down arrow. Given the number of errors in trees, or trees that are just incorrect, them giving this information at all as a "hint" seems a bit pointless as you can get access to far more examples simply by pressing the "Search" button.

• Agree Agree x 2