1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Servants

Discussion in 'Occupations' started by John Dancy, Feb 20, 2023.

1. John Dancy

John Dancy LostCousins Superstar

Watched an interesting and informative presentation from Else Churchill thanks to Peter's kind invite. She had a few slides on female ancestors who happened to be servants, and how a lot of them were mis-treated..
    This coincided with my last entered 1881 match being with a cousin returned as 'employment'. Dare I ask the 'cousin' matched whether his/her family treated their servants fairly???