1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Tree search using place

Discussion in 'Online family trees' started by LindaC, Jan 6, 2023.

1. LindaC

LindaC LostCousins Star

I vaguely remember that Peter Calver once outlined a method of adding an oblique and other letters to a people search URL in one's own Ancestry tree to find the person by place. I have lots of people with the same name e.g. John Randerson in my family tree. If I want to find the branch of the Randersons who lived in Ryther, Yorkshire - I cannot.
    Is this possible?

2. Sue_3

Sue_3 LostCousins Member

I don't know about the search technique you describe, but you can use 'Tree Search' at the top RHS, then 'List of all people' to get an alphabetical list of everyone in the tree that will show dates and places of birth and death, which might help?

3. LindaC

LindaC LostCousins Star

Thank you Sue_3 I will try that.