1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

FMP Gone down? Sat pm UK time

Discussion in 'Findmypast' started by A. Muse, Jan 30, 2021.

1. A. Muse

A. Muse LostCousins Member

Anyone else having problems getting results from FMP?

I can access the search pages but only get a 'Sorry...' message after the engine has been searching for a long while.

Yes my subs are up to date!

2. Susan48

Susan48 LostCousins Superstar

Yes, I had the same problem earlier this afternoon so I logged out. When I logged in again a couple of hours later everything was fine.

3. Sue700

Sue700 LostCousins Star

FMP is having problems again. For the last couple of weeks I have sometimes been getting Error 500 when I try to look at an image or a transcription. Searching seemed all right, but I could go no further. My subscription is up to date.
    This was a bit of a nuisance, but if I waited a while and tried again I could usually get in. Now for the past 2 days I get Error 500 every time I try to get beyond the search. So annoying, because I can see the links that should lead to the records I would like to look at.
    Maybe they are working on the website preparing for the 2021 census? It's very annoying though.

4. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

I've had that error many times over the past 24 hours, presumably because so people are visiting the site to find out about the 1921 Census. However refreshing the page (rather than following the on-screen advice) has cleared the problem in every case so far.

5. IanL

IanL LostCousins Superstar

That seemed to work initially. Now I just get Error 500 whatever I do.

6. peter

No problems here - I can't even get Error 500 to come up.

7. Katie Bee

Katie Bee LostCousins Member

I've just had 'Sorry - refresh the page' when I looked at my family tree.
    I refreshed the page and all was OK

8. IanL

I notice that Findmypast have acknowledged that they have a problem.

"We’re aware of some intermittent issues at the moment
    The site may be running a little slower than usual and you may be receiving some error messages. Bear with us – we’re working on this."

9. peter

That's the message I was getting earlier, which I cleared by refreshing the page - I think it's a standard message displayed when the servers are busy.

Still no problems here. Maybe you're using Firefox?

10. IanL

You're right. I am. Using Chrome seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

11. Sue700

Sue700 LostCousins Star

I am using Chrome, but I am still getting Error 500 most times. The other times I get a different error message for a change. Refreshing does not help, neither does closing Chrome and starting again. Trying yet again.
    Ah - for the first time in 48 hours, I have just got in and seen an image! Long may it last.