1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Locomotor ataxia ?

Discussion in 'Medicine' started by CarolB08, Sep 19, 2021.

1. CarolB08

CarolB08 LostCousins Member

I have received a death certificate pdf today which lists the cause of death of the deceased as Locomotor ataxia, this had me scratching my head so I turned to google which describes it as the inability to control ones limbs. Possibly caused my brain injury, could this relate to parkinsons disease as a cause of death ? The year was 1939 and the deceased was 68.

Attached Files:

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

An 1885 article describes it as "the most frequent affection of the spinal cord".

3. CarolB08

CarolB08 LostCousins Member

This is a very interesting article Peter, it sounds a nasty illness, thank you for posting the link to it .