1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

1939 Register

Discussion in 'More English Resources' started by Emmyw, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Emmyw

Emmyw LostCousins Member

For all of us who rely on freebies, and don't have a subscription to findmypast, do not ignore the 1939 Register. The 'preview' is full of information for you. It may, for example, give you a name of a family member you missed (e.g. you had the son who was born some years before 1911, but not the one born some years later), there are often indications on the females of later marriages, which you may have missed, or will confirm that you have made the right choice, or because you are given a birth year, you can confirm that the marriage you have recorded is either the right one, or the wrong one. I have found it invaluable!!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

It's worth adding that in general Findmypast provide quite a lot of useful information in their free search results - certainly more than you would usually get at Ancestry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Puddles

Puddles LostCousins Member

I've found a relative on the 1939 register with C120 beside his name (and beside the name below his). I think that is because the date of births have been altered. I'm hoping someone could confirm or that this might help someone else.

4. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Have you got a link to the image Puddles?