1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

23&me

Discussion in 'DNA Questions and Answers' started by PeterM, Jan 13, 2021.

1. PeterM

PeterM LostCousins Member

I have tested with Ancestry and downloaded it to other sites. I have also taken a Y-dna test. It is said that 23&me has the second largest database. Has anyone else taken this test? Would you recommend this test?

2. CarolB08

CarolB08 LostCousins Member

I have PeterM, I originally did the ancestry dna test and decided to cast my net further, I have 1501 matches there and only 1 so far is matches to me on another site .
    I like it because I have the chomosome browser and a list of relatives in common, I can see other peoples maternal and paternal haplogroups. There is a tree as such but 23andme try to populate it with my matches which is tricky as far as my family go, but you can add your own family to start off with. I have found so far people are more likely to respond to messages on there. Also apart from the cost of the test there is no subscription costs.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1