1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Census Coverage

Discussion in '2021 Census' started by uncle024, Nov 16, 2020.

1. uncle024

uncle024 LostCousins Star

I just attended a webcast by ONS entitled "Designing for Quality in Census 2021" and they gave a figure of a target of 94% overall response. Which appears to mean that 6% of the population will not be recorded. I wonder how that compares with pre 1911 census coverage. Maybe I am lucky with my ancestors but have very few that are likely to have missed being counted. Having been an enumerator in the 2001 census we went to great lengths to catch every household. See attached copy of relevant slide from todays presentation. Censu2021Response.jpg

2. A. Muse

A. Muse LostCousins Member

Perhaps the 94% takes account of the people who don't want to be counted as they are here illegally.
    I saw an item a while back that suggested that the population of Greater London is under estimated by one million, this was based on the amount of sewage produced and processed in the area. Does the 94% take that million into account?