1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

People in Horsham, West Sussex, dating from 1851 onwards

Discussion in 'Sussex' started by At home in NZ, Oct 2, 2020.

1. For interest only, although it MIGHT lead to a discovery for somebody.

See this article from the BBC news

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  2. Bryman

Bryman LostCousins Megastar

Thank you for this alert. I have many ancestors and cousins from Horsham and the surrounding district but the expected purchase price places these prints beyond my reach.

3. Mine too.
    I am firmly of the opinion that these sorts of finds should be put in a museum. I feel the same when they auction possessions of the likes of Sir Edmond Hillary and other pioneers.

4. Sue_3

Sue_3 LostCousins Member

Fingers crossed that the collection is purchased by an archive or a museum, so that interested researchers may have access to the images in the future. If anyone knows of a suitable home it may be worth contacting them to make them aware of the sale? Unfortunately, though, in the current economic climate the funds to purchase may be a problem for many archives and museums.