1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

FTAnalyzer field FamilySearchID

Discussion in 'Family Tree Analyzer' started by MartinB.., Sep 17, 2020.

1. MartinB..

MartinB.. LostCousins Member

On some FTA reports (eg Lost Cousins facts with no facts found to identify Country) there is a column headed FamilySearchID.

How should include this information in my GEDCOM to have it shown here? I've looked at the FTA website and can't find anything to answer this query; apologies if I've missed it.

The only reference I can find is associated with Updated Release Version 7.7.1 from 22 Apr 2020 where it simply says "Added FamilySearchID recognition and clickable link in Individuals Report"

Thanks,

Martin

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  2. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

Hi Martin,

It picks up records where the FamilySearchID has been added by your familly history software. Typically this is FTM 2017/2019 that allows you to connect your records to FamilySearch. I believe that RootsMagic does something similar but I've not used it. When connected it adds an appropriate GEDCOM tag that then gets picked up and used by FTAnalyzer. A typical tag is...

1 FSID 9HJY-TTK

That's it one line with a tag of FSID and then the ID number.