1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Amazon link

Discussion in 'Ask Peter' started by At home in NZ, May 29, 2020.

1. Regarding the link at the bottom right of the list of books at the end of the newsletter, if we use it to order anything at all will Lost Cousins benefit?

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for asking the question.

The Amazon advert at the end of the newsletter is for the UK site - because it's based on things that I've bought personally - so unfortunately LostCousins won't benefit if you order from a different site. But there are links to the main Amazon sites from most of my book reviews, including this one .

Once you've clicked the link anything you buy from that site in that session should generate a small commission for LostCousins (usually 2% to 5% on the amount excluding tax and shipping), and - importantly - it won't cost you any more.

3. I did use that link to buy something for my English grandson.

I can't get that link to work but it doesn't matter now.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

4. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Thanks!
    Looking at the time of your post I suspect that you clicked the link during the nightly server backup.

5. You are right, it's working now.