1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Peters tips

Discussion in 'Peter's Tip of the Day' started by Josie, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Josie

Josie Member

I am new to this forum but hope to take advantage of it more now I have found it! My query is with one of Peter,s tips on downloading a free book. Has anyone else had any problems with ,book funnel, on downloading this book as per the latest newsletter? Not sure what I am doing wrong, but. I cannot get it to work! This is the second book I.ve tried to download so far no joy!

2. Helen7

Helen7 LostCousins Superstar

Are you sure you completed all the various stages involved? I successfully dowloaded Ignoring Gravity onto my iPad, but it wasn’t quite as straightforward as I thought it would be. I followed all the instructions: receiving the email, clicking the links, uploading it to Kindle cloud then downloading it to my iPad.

Initially, I thought the download hadn’t worked, as I couldn’t see it in the library in my Kindle app (organised alphabetically by author, where purchases via amazon always go automatically). However, when I did a search within the Kindle app, there it was. It’s still not shown in the library display, but it’s all there and looking good. I’m looking forward to reading it!

3. Josie

Josie Member

Thanks Helen. It's all sorted now, mine also is not in the library but the book is there! My problem was not finding the kindle app, it was hiding !