1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

QUEENSLAND BDM - NEW - FANTASTIC

Discussion in 'Australia - More resources' started by Emmyw, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Emmyw

Emmyw LostCousins Member

The Queensland bdm is now offering a new family history service, alongside the old one. I had an unusual first/second name which was used over three generations. All I had to do was plug in that name and in a single search I got all of the births, deaths, and marriages where that name was used - including births and deaths of children whose father had that name. Full dates (day - month - year) are also provided. The greatest bdm search I have ever come across - give it a try

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
    • Good tip Good tip x 1
  2. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

3. Rhian

Rhian LostCousins Member

It is also very quick, 136 results for some possible cousins in less than a second, lots of useful information on the results page, but over $20 for a pdf, and I complain the GRO in the UK is expensive.

4. jorghes

All of the Australian states are expensive when it comes to purchasing the certificates. Although to differing levels - QLD is one of the cheaper ones! (But you can usually download the image there and then, you don't have to wait for the PDF to be mailed like the GRO).

5. PennyAnnie

PennyAnnie New Member

Is there a site to search South Australia?

6. Emmyw

Emmyw LostCousins Member

7. jorghes

You can only search the site that EmmyW has given to you - it's pretty good. South Australia doesn't offer images of the registers themselves, only transcriptions, and they're only available through the Genealogical Society.

You search their online database, which only really allows you to search by surname, but it should give you parent names for births (and occasionally deaths).

I hold a membership of the South Australian Genealogical Society if you want to see what is beneath the grayed out areas in the results.

8. PennyAnnie

PennyAnnie New Member

Thank you Jorghes.