1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Linking accounts for FMP and LivingDNA

Discussion in 'Findmypast' started by jorghes, Dec 18, 2018.

1. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

I noticed that I should be able to link my FindMyPast account to my LivingDNA account in order for my already existing DNA results to be accessible via my FMP account.

However when it gets to the "link accounts" portion, it seems to fail automatically - not showing presumably what is a sign in/up page for FMP (as you go through the LivingDNA website).

Has anyone successfully completed the link?
    I have tried on both Chrome and Edge, and neither allows the page to load properly.

**apparently I can just upload my Ancestry results for free, but would that be worth it?

2. PhilGee

PhilGee LostCousins Member

I had a problem after using the FMP link to upload my Ancestry data, partly because I "delete cookies on exit" by default and they are used to reconnect the link. Assuming FMP is listed under "Partners" in the "Privacy Center" area of "My Account", the other part that I found was needed was:

1. select "My Tests" from the menu and click the "View Test" box
    2. select "Test Details"
    3. select "My Account" from the menu
    4. "Opt In" to "Partners consent" and "Partners data consent"
    5. select "Connect" for FMP

Edit: I also found that 1. and 2. are needed to select a test to "auto-connect" on future visits

Phil

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. jorghes

Thanks PhilGee - I think you missed a few steps, but you definitely helped me sort it out!

I did the following to allow me to link my accounts:
    1. Went to the "My Tests" page and clicked into the appropriate test.
    2. Clicked on "Family Networks" (within that test).
    3: Then "Opted in"
    4. That set up a profile (however misleading for whichever poor soul who sees it, since my country of birth has nothing to do with my ancestry).
    5. Then I clicked "My Account"
    6. I adjusted the "Profile" which now appears below the intial panel.
    7. I then clicked "Connect" on the FMP
    8. This time it allowed me to sign in and link my FMP account with LivingDNA - without opting in to Family Networks, it is impossible to do.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  4. PhilGee

PhilGee LostCousins Member

Pleased you got to the right method - It's much more accurate to note what you do instead of relying on a 3/4 century brain :eek:

Phil

5. GrahamC

GrahamC LostCousins Member

I think I have succeeded with this part. Now how do I access my DNA test via FMP?

6. jorghes

I don't think you can yet. I don't believe it's been completely set up - probably still incoming.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  7. GrahamC

GrahamC LostCousins Member

That makes sense. Thanks.