1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Adoption

Discussion in 'Ancestry' started by peter, Nov 15, 2018.

1. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Is it possible to show someone as adopted in an Ancestry tree? If so, can you amend an existing entry?

I'm enquiring on behalf of a LostCousins member.

2. PhilGee

PhilGee LostCousins Member

In what way? There is a "drop-down" entry for adoption during the "add fact" option for a person which doesn't require any other change. Ancestry do not seem to support the other birth type "marriage fact" - PEDI.

Phil

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  3. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

I've never created an Ancestry tree. Bearing in mind I have to pass the information on to a LostCousins member who will then have to pass it on to somebody else, is it possible to explain in simple terms how to change an existing relationship from natural parents to adoptive parents? Thanks!

4. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

In the edit section on a person’s page (top right corner); chose “edit relationships”, then you can change the relationship with a parent and their children from “biological” to “adoption” on a dropdown menu.

If needed, I can provide screen shots.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  5. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

Just in case:
    Step 1:
    [​IMG]

Step 2:
    [​IMG]

Step 3:
    [​IMG]

Step 4: