1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

An old thatched cottage

Discussion in 'How I got started in Family History' started by crgb, Apr 19, 2018.

1. crgb

crgb New Member

In 1992 I moved to an old thatched cottage in Dorset. I became very interested in its history - how old was it and who were the people who had lived there for over 200 years? I became engrossed in their lives which led me to think about my own family. From there it took off with a lot of information being provided by an uncle.
    My father was Belgian so his side of my tree is decidedly sparse. My DNA results were interesting though.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  2. Heather

Heather LostCousins Member

Welcome to the forum crgb, it doesn't matter what sparks the interest in genealogy but once you get going, especially now that there is so much information on the internet, it is hard to stop, not that I want to stop.

• Agree Agree x 2