1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Immigration to NZL - ships list

Discussion in 'More New Zealand Resources' started by GLC, Oct 21, 2013.

1. GLC

GLC New Member

Our Stuff is a good site to search passenger lists for folk arriving in New Zealand.

Perth Dead Person's Society has lists of ships arriving at New Zealand ports but hardly any information about the passengers they carried. Also includes Australian data.

New Zealand Maritime Index has an index to articles which can be searched by name or vessel.

More passenger lists here at New Zealand Yesteryears - if you don't know the name of the ship use the site Search to find someone by name.

Passenger Ships at Bluff before 1900 - there are passenger lists for some of the ships which arrived at Bluff Harbour between 1862-84.

Fraser Genealogy - there are a vast number of ships listed on this site, but the passenger lists (where they exist) are on other sites, so you can't search by surname.

Petone Settlers database - data relating to arrivals from the United Kingdom, parts of Europe and Australia to Wellington between 1839-1897.

There are over one thousand vessel/voyages held within the database. Petone was the first settlement in the Wellington region.

Arrivals at Port Chalmers (Dunedin) March 1848 to January 1851 - note the limitations of the data.

Christchurch City Libraries has extensive resources (books and microfilm) relating to arrivals on the South Island of New Zealand (Canterbury, Nelson, Greymouth and Otago).

I hope these sites are of use to some of you.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 3
  2. CarolB08

CarolB08 LostCousins Member

Thank you so much for these web sites GLC I particularly found the Our stuff site very informative and found a lot of information on my husbands 4th Great Uncle and his family on there.