1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

THE MIDLAND ANCESTOR - BMSGH

Discussion in 'Worcestershire' started by Bob Spiers, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Bob Spiers

Bob Spiers LostCousins Superstar

Can I recommend to those whose research takes them to Birmingham, Warwickshire, Worcestershire or Staffordshire (especially centring on the 'old' counties) to consider joining the BMSGH (Birmingham & Midland Society for Genealogy & Heraldry). I have been a member now for a few years and find it a valuable source of information, books, maps and interesting oddities covering all of the counties mentioned. It has its own online site & shop: BMSGH where books and such can be purchased and of course where you may join the Society if interested.

A quarterly Journal (The Midland Ancestor) is issued free to Members. Don't be too troubled by the Heraldry aspect which is a fairly small (but still important and interesting) aspect of the Society. But do be aware that there are individual affiliated branches in each of the counties.

If you actually live in any of the areas you will find it even more of a blessing to be able to become a member and attend Meetings or browse its Library of Books and Maps. But even if reasonably far flung as I am (living in Kent) you will love its quarterly Journal, which for my money even gives the SOG Journal a run for its money.

• Agree Agree x 1