1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

More information about your cousins

Discussion in 'New or updated features' started by peter, Dec 28, 2016.

1. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

The My Contact page now shows more information about your relationship to your cousins - when an Ancestor Number has been entered for a direct ancestor this information will also be shown. Your cousins will see the same information, of course.

(They won't, of course, see any information relating to any relatives on your My Ancestors page who aren't also listed on their own page - the privacy that is so important to LostCousins members is maintained.)

If you haven't already entered the Ancestor Numbers for your direct ancestors, now's the time to do it! Ancestor Numbers from 1 to 63 (ie up to your 3G grandparents) are shown on the blank Ancestor Chart you can download from LostCousins. There's an FAQ which explains how to calculate the numbers for earlier ancestors.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

That's interesting to know, Thanks Peter.

3. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

In case anyone has forgotten how to display the My Contact page, you click the name of your cousin (or their initials, if you've yet to make contact).

4. Rhian

Rhian LostCousins Member

I came across that page yesterday when I found a new cousin, it looks to be very useful.

Incidentally the highest Ancestor number I have here is 127, the highest I have in my tree is 12305 but I will not be able to add them as most were already dead by 1841.