1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Suffolk Surnames List

Discussion in 'More Suffolk Resources' started by FamilyHistoryGal, Jun 18, 2015.

1. FamilyHistoryGal

FamilyHistoryGal LostCousins Member

• Thanks! Thanks! x 3
  2. Margery

Margery LostCousins Member

I had forgotten about this List. I might start looking at my father's family again. It could be a bit out of date, though (2008), but worth a try.

3. AnneC

AnneC LostCousins Star

It may not have been updated since 2008, but will be useful I'm sure. Don't forget the famous Cosford Database, which despite also not being updated is a great resource

4. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Please note that both Suffolk Surnames and the Cosford database are already on the Suffolk Resources page so there's no need to list them here - the More Suffolk Resources subforum is for resources which aren't included but probably ought to be. Always check the Resources page before posting here.

Thanks!

5. FamilyHistoryGal

Peter, can you add the link for where Suffolk Surnames exist before my posting as I can't see it.

6. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

It's here, on the Suffolk Resources page. Every county has, or will have a resources page - the purpose of this subforum (and the equivalent subforums for other counties) is to supplement the resources listed.

7. FamilyHistoryGal

OK that explains it. I wasn't looking there. I was looking on the list of websites you had.