1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Military Abbreviations

Discussion in 'More resources' started by linda, Jan 17, 2014.

1. linda

linda LostCousins Member

• Thanks! Thanks! x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Heather

Heather LostCousins Member

Thanks Linda that is really interesting, I would like to print the list but when I try to select the text I am told that the function has been disabled, can anyone tell me how I can print this list out please?

3. AnneC

AnneC LostCousins Star

I use Google Chrome and was able to print using the normal print option , formatting was good too.

4. Gillian

Gillian LostCousins Star

Here's another link to useful military abbreviations, this time from the website of the British Army/Personnel Centre More military abbreviations You have to click on the box titled Useful Abbreviations on the right hand side of the page.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Bob Spiers

Bob Spiers LostCousins Superstar

Although I had no wish to print the list, responding to your question about printing and noticing what you meant about the right click on the mouse not responding (disabled message) I turned to the keyboard shortcut CTRL P. When the print box came up I selected Page 1 (as it was just a test) and the page printed clear and well. If the other options offered have not worked try this heather and in your case choose all (assuming you want the whole list)

6. Heather

Thanks Bob, I tried the CTRL P and that worked fine as regards to printing the list BUT before I started to print I realised that IF I were to print it it would be 22 pages long, so I decided to pass. I have however saved the list from Gillian onto my computer in Documents and have saved Linda's link into my Favorites folder, so all angles covered, I think, thanks again Bob, Gillian and Linda.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  7. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Hi Heather, do you have/use OneNote If I use CTRL + P then it offers me the option to "print" to OneNote, which effectively saves it in one place. OneNote is quite useful in allowing you collect and save images, screenshots and notes in one document. Quite useful for genealogy.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Heather

Thanks Tim, I'll have a look at that.

9. CarolB08

CarolB08 LostCousins Member

Two brilliant resources for us duffers when it comes to understanding the military service records we find thank you to Linda and Gillian for sharing them :)

10. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  11. FamilyHistoryGal

FamilyHistoryGal LostCousins Member

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1