1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Isle of Bute, Buteshire

Discussion in 'Argyll' started by Ian, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Ian

Ian Member

The Isle of Bute, formally in Buteshire is now part of the council area "Argyll & Bute" and should therefore I feel be included here.

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Ian, in common with other genealogy sites we use 19th century county boundaries as far as possible - this is simpler for those who aren't familiar with the modern boundaries (the vast majority, I suspect), and it also insulates the forum from any future boundary changes.