1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Tracing Ancestors in the Colne Valley near Huddersfield

Discussion in 'West Riding' started by Jennie, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Jennie

Jennie LostCousins Member

On his Family History Site, Steve Whitwam “...offers FREE research to anyone with Colne Valley ancestry via his web site from his indexes and family database which includes over 60,000 names…” He is especially interested in the villages of Golcar, Marsden, Longwood, Slaithwaite, Scammonden Lingards or Linthwaite. He can be contacted for help via his email address.

Many topics are covered on his website with information, photographs, transcriptions etc and some of which can be directly accessed and downloaded.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  2. Emma

Emma Member

Thanks for this Jennie. My husband's family are from this area and I've had a quick look and it seems as if it could be very useful. How amazing that it's all FREE!

• Agree Agree x 1