1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Just wondering what happens

Discussion in 'Ask Peter' started by At home in NZ, Oct 26, 2021.

1. When an LC member withdraws for whatever reason, although I am thinking in terms of death, what happens to their account? I assume their Ancestors are removed from the LC site and the member's profile is deactivated. But, what happens to all their contributions to the forum, do they remain within the discussions complete with their avatar?

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

The forum software does not allow posts to be removed when a member leaves (because in most cases they will be referenced in responses from other users), but I think the avatar would be replaced by a generic graphic.

However if a LostCousins account is closed all of the data is lost, including any connections that had been made. Members are encouraged to enter the email address of a beneficiary on their My Details page - there's usually someone who will be prepared to safeguard the research for the benefit of future generations, even if they are not planning to actively continue it.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1