1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Is there more to discover about William Lalonde?

Discussion in 'Ancestry' started by canadianbeth, Oct 7, 2021.

1. I suggest you go to the Support page where you will see a green circle at bottom right with a question mark and Help in it, click on it to do a live chat and ask them to get it stopped.

2. canadianbeth

canadianbeth LostCousins Star

There was no live chat, just e-mail or phone; I sent an e-mail.

3. That's really weird, I clicked on the link I gave you, clicked on the question mark in the green circle which I should have more properly called a large dot, then clicked on chat and it came up prepopulated with me name and email address and a space to type my chat.
    I hope you get a response.

4. canadianbeth

canadianbeth LostCousins Star

Oh, I received a response.

<Feel tree to unsubscribe from our email list if you would like. I have provided an article below for further help.>

I do not want to unsubscribe from the list; in fact, I received some hints today for another person (1st cousin 4x removed) that enabled me to add some names to LC. I just wanted them to stop sending e-mails about William Lalonde, and I explicitly said that.
    I will just continue to delete them as they arrive.

5. That's next to useless isn't it! Typical, only know how to quote from the support section in the site.
    In the live chat there is more chance to explicitly explain that it is not a Hint email and describe what you are receiving.