1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Duplication- UK 2021 Census

Discussion in '2021 Census' started by webwiz, Mar 6, 2021.

1. webwiz

webwiz LostCousins Star

According to the leaflet that came with the access code letter in the paragraph "Who should be included":

- everyone who usually lives here, even if they are away from home on 21/3

- Anyone staying overnight on 21/3 should be included as a visitor

This would always lead to some duplication but in the middle of pandemic lockdown there will be thousands.

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

That's why visitors are shown as visitors.

3. I am assuming this discussion is in respect of the 2021 UK census.
    I have found people in past censuses that are listed as Visitor but I have not found them listed elsewhere. Have the rules changed?

If so, does this mean that people who are doing the population count have to examine each household's return to find Visitor so they can exclude them?
    Sounds rather complex to me.

4. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Not for a computer.