1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

1911 census and my search for the schedule number

Discussion in 'Search tips - discussion' started by lindy, Jan 31, 2021.

1. lindy

lindy LostCousins Star

I only have access to Ancestry and have to pull the schedule number from the 1911 census image. This afternoon I was entering a relative and the number read 45?. Best guess was a zero as it looked like a thin U shape. I tried 450, then 45, 451, 4511 all unsuccessfully. I paged the images and found 449, 451 either side. Inspiration and I looked at the Summary Books on Ancestry, definitely 450. Further inspiration and I did an address search on FMP (without a subscription). Here I found the schedules numbered ...449, 452, 451, 452... Entering 452 has worked. I'm sharing this experience in case it helps anyone else.
    I'm leaving it at 452 for now even though that is strictly speaking incorrect!

Also the bonus is I now have a match potential over 4, to reference another discussion.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Congratulations - remember to enter your new coupon code!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. lindy

lindy LostCousins Star

My apologies as I know this has been discussed recently but I am still confused!
    I have 2 coupon codes both with the same 2 alpha characters to start. The code on My summary page at lost cousins is LOWER numerically than the code on the forum profile page. Which do I use?

4. Helen7

Helen7 LostCousins Superstar

The coupon code on your My Summary page at Lost Cousins will reflect your current match potential, so you should enter that on your forum profile page.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  5. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Normally the one on your My Summary page is the one to use, but if you have two accounts or the thresholds have changed you could inadvertently downgrade yourself.

The simple rule is to compare the letters: only use a coupon code if it is later in the alphabet than the one already in your profile. The numbers should be ignored for this purpose.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1