1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

My Contact page - update

Discussion in 'New or updated features' started by peter, Jan 4, 2021.

1. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

A number of members have asked in the past whether it would be possible to expand the information shown on the My Contact page to include the name of the census(es).

Although there isn't room for this information without complicating the display I've found a way to include it - I've borrowed the [​IMG] symbol from the My Ancestors page.

Please check it out, especially if you have cousins who share relatives on the US, Ireland, Scotland, or Newfoundland censuses (as I haven't been able to test these censuses using my own matches).

I'll be announcing this new feature in my next newsletter, so if you spot any problems please post them in this discussion ASAP.

Thanks!

2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

It just takes you to this screen:

upload_2021-1-4_14-51-21.png

Works ok for England 1881

3. Pauline

Pauline LostCousins Megastar

The Scottish ones I tried all worked OK. One attempt gave me an error page at Ancestry, but that was a problem at their end and refreshing the page soon sorted that.

4. peter

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I currently can't link to the US census results pages (which is why there are no arrows for the US entries on your My Ancestors page), so instead I link to the search page.

5. peter

Thanks!

6. peter

I should have made it clear that the search is a bonus - it wasn't my original intention to include this.

The primary purpose was to identify the census, which you can do by mousing over the [​IMG] smbol. But when I recycled the code it made sense to leave the search in for those who might want to access it from the My Contact page. (I'd also have had to come up with a different symbol since it would be confusing if [​IMG] did different things on different pages.)

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  7. Helen7

Helen7 LostCousins Superstar

Works fine for me for the 1841, 1881 and 1911 England & Wales censuses, and leads to the search page for the 1880 US census.

Good feature, thanks Peter.

8. canadianbeth

canadianbeth LostCousins Star

I do not see anything on my contact page about census', but there is an identities list that will not permit me to enter my Facebook name.

9. peter

I think you're talking about your profile page at the forum? We're discussing the My Contact page at the main LostCousins site.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  10. Sorry to be pedantic but I don't have a contacts page, I do however have a My Cousins Page which I think is being referred to.
    I can't see the new symbol against any of the relatives or the one and only contact I have.

11. Bryman

Bryman LostCousins Megastar

If you click on a person listed on your My Cousins page you will reach your My Contact page for that person. The new search census symbol is then shown next to the census reference at the left of each displayed line.

12. Thanks Bryman, I found it. I have 1841, 1881 and 1911 censuses and they all work.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1