1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Ancestry DNA Sale

Discussion in 'Latest news' started by jorghes, Nov 25, 2019.

1. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

Ancestry.com.au has lowered the price of a DNA test to $88 until Monday.

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Please use this link to support LostCousins.

You can also take advantage of the Ancestry UK offer (£49)

3. canadianbeth

canadianbeth LostCousins Star

In the newsletter I received today it states that Ancestry Canada has a special for $79; however I received an e-mail the other day with an offer for $59. until November 25th.

4. peter

Are you sure that was Ancestry Canada? Ancestry in the US have a price of $59. Since the regular price in Canada is $129, a reduction to $59 would be pretty amazing - snap it up if you can.

5. canadianbeth

canadianbeth LostCousins Star

It could be that they sent to me in error, but when I clicked on the buy now it came up as $59. The addressee at the top was .com I expect if I had gone all the way and ordered it, it would have been in US$. The only person to whom I would have given a kit would have been my brother and he died two years ago. My paternal male cousins will have a different grandfather than I do.

6. peter

If it came from Ancestry.com then the price will inevitably be in US dollars. Presumably they sent it to you because at some point you have registered with Ancestry.com

If you have a Canadian address you probably wouldn't have been able to make the purchase at all - unlike some of the smaller companies Ancestry are scrupulous about conforming to local regulations (perhaps because they have more to lose). Also bear in mind that subscriptions to Ancestry.ca are generally cheaper.