1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Sharing Ancestors in common with a referral

Discussion in 'Key features of the LostCousins site' started by KimL, Jul 9, 2020.

1. KimL

KimL LostCousins Member

Happy Lockdown 2.0 from Melbourne, Australia. I happily referred lost cousins to a known cousin in the hope that your fabulous advice will help them too. Normally I would highlight ancestors we share at the time of the referral but I was in a rush at the time. I would like help them along and encourage them to enter data for their other 1881 census ancestors which will in turn help more members but I cannot work out how to do it retrospectively? Is there a way to do this?

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

If you create a referral I can add the code retrospectively, and it should work - though the system was never intended to be used this way. If they haven't entered any relatives themselves it is guaranteed to work - if they have, and they overlap with the relatives in your referral there is a slight chance of a problem, though in testing it has always worked for me.

3. KimL

KimL LostCousins Member

Thanks Peter, I'll create a duplicate referral. Apologies for the retrospective work created. If it is not possible then don't waste any of your time on it. I know better for next time.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020