1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

National Archives at Kew - free download of records

Discussion in 'Latest news' started by Harrier, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Harrier

Harrier LostCousins Member

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

It's been anticipated for some time, but I decided not to mention it in the newsletter until they indicated what's actually included - since I feared that records they have licensed (eg to Ancestry & Findmypast) would be excluded..

And indeed, with the odd exception (eg PCC Wills) records available at commercial sites are not included. There is also a limit to the number of documents (10 per day, 50 in a month). Nevertheless it's a good opportunity to explore some the datasets that we might not normally use.

3. I wasn't aware, thanks for your advice.

4. An update for those who would like one:
    These are still available, I downloaded two records a short while ago.