1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Help with Annotation on Burial

Discussion in 'General Genealogical Queries' started by SWeaver, Mar 3, 2020.

1. SWeaver

SWeaver LostCousins Member

I have recently found a burial record of a direct ancestor but there is an annotation beside the entry which I just cannot read. May I have advice please as to where to post this. Also, I have scanned the record - am I able to attach it to my post please. Thanks.

2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Which site is the record held at? Ancestry, FMP, etc.
    I believe it's permissible to post a link, and then people who have paid access will be allowed to view the record.

3. SWeaver

Thank you for your reply Tim. It's actually on both Ancestry and FMP so I guess I could try and post both links.

4. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

If you're having trouble posting the links send me the info and I'll do it for you.

5. SWeaver

6. Pauline

Pauline LostCousins Megastar

The links worked, and the marginal note by the burial says “return made”. It means the register entries up to that point had been copied out and sent to the bishop.

7. SWeaver

Of curse I can see that now! Thanks so much all.