1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

BMD certificate info now LIVE at LostCousins

Discussion in 'New or updated features' started by peter, Jul 7, 2015.

1. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Last month I revealed my plan to add information about birth, marriage, and death certificates held to the My Contact page for each relationship on your My Cousins page.

This has now gone live (there will also be an announcement in the next newsletter, but I wanted forum members to find out first).

These are the current totals:

Birth certificate held: 103148

Marriage certificate held: 192613

Death certificate held: 116026

If you haven't already ticked the relevant boxes yourself I'd encourage you to do so now, as I'll be posting updated totals in the newsletter.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 5
  2. Ann

Ann New Member

Where do we send for a marriage certificate, so I can receive it online and read it, and how much would it cost?
    I have been on the GOV site and have found it so confusing.

3. canadianbeth

canadianbeth LostCousins Star

I must have missed this, but was not a forum member in 2015. I just went in and added the birth certificate that I have for my Dad. I have one for my aunt as well but she was born in 1913 so is not in any census as yet. I only have online copies of any others.

4. peter

Digital copies are equally valid; had PDFs been available at the time I wouldn't have referred to 'certificates'.

5. Helen7

Helen7 LostCousins Superstar

The PDF service is only available for births and deaths. Marriage certificates can be ordered on-line (from the 'Place an Order' page after you've logged in to the gro.gov.uk site), for postal delivery. If you order with the GRO index reference (year, quarter, vol, page no.: you can get this information from FreeBMD), the current cost is £11 per certificate.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  6. Helen7

Helen7 LostCousins Superstar

A useful reminder. I have a few recent PDFs I can add. Also quite a few register entries from on-line sources - I guess these are valid too?

7. PhilGee

PhilGee LostCousins Member

I have been tempted to add "certificate style" pre-civil registration parish items (see image) ..... but refrained.

Phil

Attached Files:

8. peter

A marriage register entry is as good as a certificate. Better, arguably.

9. canadianbeth

I too was wondering how to find marriage information; thank you for that Helen7. However, 11 pounds is considerably more in Canadian dollars, though not as much as I had feared, just under $18 currently. I think the only one that would interest me would be the one between my Joyce great-grandparents; the ones who were first cousins. And possibly the birth registration for my Joyce grandmother. I have a copy of the marriage registration for my maternal grandparents; they were married in Ontario. Would I indicate that on the LC website?

10. peter

Yes, if they're on the censuses we use.

11. canadianbeth

Oh ok. LC only has the 1881 Canada one; my grandparents were not even born then. :) (1886 & 1887) My grandmother was married twice but the first one only lasted a year or so around 1910, and I have not found information on it, although I know the surname of her first husband.