1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Cost of renewal

Discussion in 'Findmypast' started by trebor, Jul 8, 2019.

1. trebor

trebor LostCousins Member

Not sure that I have placed this discussion in the right place but hopefully it is close enough.
    My subscription is due to renew soon but I wondered if anyone has had any joy in negotiating a better price with Find My Past. I have done it with Ancestry and with FMP in the past but they seem more restrictive now.
    Thanks in advance for any tips.

2. Heather

Heather LostCousins Member

According to the FMP site the current charge for a World Subscription for 12 months is about 133.25 pounds, I say about because I am converting from Australian dollars. FMP do give a discount to existing customers (I think it is 10%) Peter will probably know the exact figures, I hope this helps.

3. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

A World subscription costs £156 at the UK site, or $300 at the Australian site (which converts to £166.93). These prices are before the Loyalty Discount, currently 15%.

Although it sounds like a lot of money (to me, at least) it's actually slightly less than Findmypast charged a decade ago just for UK records, and there were no parish register images, no newspapers, and no 1939 Register. I can't remember if there was a loyalty discount then.

4. trebor

trebor LostCousins Member

In 2015 & again in 2016 I paid less than £65 for a year's World subscription - possibly one of your specials Peter.

5. canadianbeth

canadianbeth LostCousins Star

In March I paid $161.10 U.S., which converted to $221.91 Canadian on my credit card. A loyalty discount would be really helpful when the time comes.

6. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

There was a very attractive offer which I promoted just before the subscription rates went up, but it wasn't anywhere near that generous - the full price of a World subscription prior to the increase was just under £130, so it sounds to me as if you paid half-price two years running!
    That's a 10% discount on the normal price, so if subscription rates remain unchanged and the Loyalty Discount stays at 15% you'll pay about 5% less next year.