1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Maritime History Archive

Discussion in 'More resources' started by Tim Clarke, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Tim Clarke

Tim Clarke Member

This site http://www.mun.ca/mha/ is at the Memorial University in Newfoundland and contains a vast number of "Crew Lists and Agreements" for 19th century merchant ships. In some cases log books are also available.
    All you need is the ship's Official Number (obtainable from Lloyds Lists) and you can do a free search which will tell whether records are held for your vessel and if so which years are held. It may also tell you that other records are held at other sites eg. TNA.
    The lists are detailed giving crew members, job description and often details of pay and conduct.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  2. Jennie

Jennie LostCousins Member

Thanks for this. I found this link on the above site and that I could just enter a name: Newfoundland and Labrador Crew Lists Database. No luck! Will try and find out a related ship name later and give it another try.