1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Ancestry Hint issues

Discussion in 'Ancestry' started by jorghes, Apr 28, 2019.

1. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

Has anyone else had an issue with the Ancestry hints - all day my entire hint list is "This hint is no longer available" - and it takes 5-9 refreshes for them to load properly.

I wiped my cookies, but that didn't help.

2. Helen7

Helen7 LostCousins Superstar

Yes, I've been having the same problem - glad it's not just me! I normally don't bother too much with hints, but yesterday I just added a few new people and wanted to have a quick look at the hints on offer. Like you, I found I needed to do several refreshes for the hints to appear. In the end, I found it easier just to do a 'Search' which yielded better info anyway.

3. jorghes

I was hoping it was a wider problem. Most of what I’m being hinted is fine, I just can’t see it!

4. Pauline

Pauline LostCousins Megastar

I have the same issue with hints at present, and while using Ancestry recently, I have been regularly getting error messages that pages/images are no longer available, or temporarily unavailable. Refreshing the page usually does the trick eventually.

I had an error message that was new to me when looking at DNA matches this morning - "Our backend services are overtaxed at the moment ...." :eek:

Maybe the whole Ancestry website is overtaxed?

5. Pauline

My hints are working OK again now.

6. jorghes

Looks like the issue may have passed.

7. Helen7

Helen7 LostCousins Superstar

I get the same message now when trying to view my DNA matches. No amount of refreshing clears it. Pity, as over the last few days the 'common ancestor' list problem had been sorted out and I had a couple of new leads. Now I can't see any of the DNA matches, old or new. Hopefully it is just a temporary problem.

On the plus side, the hints seem to be working fine now.

8. Pauline

Likewise - I can't see any DNA matches at all this morning. And I'm not getting very far with anything else at Ancestry either - most pages are apparently no longer available.

I decided to try FMP instead and couldn't get anywhere there either. Apparently they are currently having a few technical problems. Perhaps they are overloaded with disgruntled Ancestry researchers.

I'm off to see what The Genealogist can come up with.

9. Pauline

FMP seems to be playing nicely again now.

10. Pauline

As is Ancestry....