1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Researching husband's family

Discussion in 'Key features of the LostCousins site' started by Kate, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Kate

Kate LostCousins Member

Hello
    I see I can have an account to add in my husband's family.
    Is it necessary to open it it in my child's name or can I use mine again?
    Thank you. I am not sure this message is in the right place, sorry if not.

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

You won't be entering your relatives, so it can't be in your name (but it can, and ideally should, use your email address).

As it suggests on the FAQS page at the main LostCousins site, if you are widowed "A good solution is to open an account in the name of a child, grandchild, or in-law - since you're probably doing the research for their benefit (but do please mention it to them first!)."

Note: if the new account wins a prize in my competition - and there's obviously a good chance that it will - the prize can go to whoever is doing the research, ie you.

3. Kate

Kate LostCousins Member

Thanks, will do as suggested.