1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Trouble logging in

Discussion in 'Ask Peter' started by PaulC, Oct 5, 2018.

1. PaulC

PaulC LostCousins Member

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the forum? I've been logged out several times today, and just now I wasn't able to log back in without deleting my cookies first. It's happened a few times this week.

2. Heather

Heather LostCousins Member

Hi PaulC, no trouble with login.

3. Rhian

Rhian LostCousins Member

The site was unavailable for a short time yesterday, IP address not found error, it sorted itself out a short while later but may have happened more than once, I am not sure as I visit the site less often now. as it seems to concentrate more on DNA and windows update problems, both of which are uninteresting for me.
    Seems the access problem might be connected to DNS server updates which seem to get out of sync more often these days.

4. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

I haven't had a problem with the forum but I have noticed problems over the past week accessing secure (HTTPS) sites generally, and think these might be connected with the need to check SSL certificates.

5. Margery

Margery LostCousins Member

Same here, I'm afraid.

• Agree Agree x 2