1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

How You can Help Yourself to Taste Success!

Discussion in 'How to decide who to enter' started by Red Dragon, May 10, 2013.

1. Red Dragon

Red Dragon LostCousins Megastar

Hi Everyone!

Here's a weekly update on how well people have been doing over at LostCousins.
    • 42 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 1,863 new entries have been added and
    • 123 relatives have been matched.
    Only New Matches up from last week. On the whole a pretty quiet week.

New Members mean New Entries, and New Entries mean New Matches.

Good Luck Everyone!

Here's a graph showing the activity over at the Lost Cousins site
    upload_2018-3-23_10-24-21.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  2. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 101 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 12,058 new entries have been added and
    • 2,628 relatives have been matched.
    Happy Easter Everyone!

All Numbers up on last week! Quite amazing, I think Peter's incentive of a Free weekend has got people adding their relations so that they can make contact.
    And it's been really effective. Over 12k entries! And 2,628 matches! There must be some very pleased and excited members out there!

The ratio of New Entries to Relatives Matched was 4.58, so on average every 5th person added made a match.

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2018-3-30_10-50-57.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 85 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 12,312 new entries have been added and
    • 886 relatives have been matched.
    What an amazing 2nd week of numbers! Great work everybody. And you can see from the graph how clearly New Matches follows New Entries.

New Members mean New Entries, and New Entries mean New Matches. Have you referred someone to Lost Cousins yet?

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2018-4-6_10-37-40.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  4. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Well done, everyone!

5. Margery

Margery LostCousins Member

Well, yes. At our U3A family history research group several members expressed interest in Lost Cousins. So maybe there will be some new members from Oz...

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  6. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 52 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 5,105 new entries have been added and
    • 276 relatives have been matched.
    A steady set of numbers, always good to see New Members joining. Not that many matches this week, which means they don't match with existing members but when the new members start adding theirs then there should be loads of matches.

New Members mean New Entries, and New Entries mean New Matches. Everyone wins.

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2018-4-13_10-13-47.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  7. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 91 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 4,997 new entries have been added and
    • 342 relatives have been matched.
    Another great week of numbers, always good to see New Members joining. All numbers are above the running average, and a nice lot of New Entries just waiting to be matched.

Good Luck Everyone!

Here's a graph showing the activity over at the Lost Cousins site.
    upload_2018-4-20_10-44-20.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  8. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 53 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 3,729 new entries have been added and
    • 392 relatives have been matched.
    Another great week of numbers! Lots of New Entries and lots of Matches.

New Members mean New Entries, and New Entries mean New Matches. Have you referred someone to Lost Cousins yet?

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2018-4-27_11-53-7.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  9. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 32 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 5,557 new entries have been added and
    • 437 relatives have been matched.
    New Entries and Relatives Matched both up this week, and I also made 3 new Matches myself!

I've been using FTAnalyzer to list all the errors that have crept into my tree, and used the Children Status field and the GRO lookup to find all the children who where born and died between censuses.

My Match Potenial went up .04 this week, how about everyone else?

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2018-5-4_10-49-58.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  10. Heather

Heather LostCousins Member

Well done, Red Dragon.

11. Red Dragon

Thank you Heather. I've been finding some new relatives of siblings of my direct line, and when I find them I add them to Lost Cousins.

True Lost Cousins you might say.

12. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 24 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 2,622 new entries have been added and
    • 103 relatives have been matched.
    A steady set of numbers, always good to see New Members joining. Not that many matches this week, which means they don't match with existing members but when the new members start adding theirs then there should be loads of matches. I think the UK Bank Holiday coupled with some very nice weather has affected the results.

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2018-5-11_11-1-3.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  13. peter

Don't worry, there's rain on the way!

14. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 47 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 2,314 new entries have been added and
    • 95 relatives have been matched.
    "The sun has got its hat on.." And this could be having an effect on the numbers! And there's a wedding tomorrow which may also effect next weeks numbers :)

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2018-5-18_11-55-48.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  15. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 38 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 2,014 new entries have been added and
    • 82 relatives have been matched.
    Well a pretty quiet week but the numbers are all positive which is always pleasing. Another Bank Holiday weekend coming up and today's weather is grey and trying to rain. But it's not stopping the Red Kite circling overhead as I look out my window.

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2018-5-25_10-10-7.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  16. peter

Just to mention that in the run-up to GDPR many more inactive members than usual have been closing their accounts, and the new member figure that Red Dragon shows is NET of closures.

17. Heather

GDPR ? Sorry Peter, can't think what this stands for........

18. Bryman

Bryman LostCousins Megastar

Heather, GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation - a revised EU privacy law which came into force on 25 May 2018.
    I suggest that you use Google to find out more but probably of little direct relevance to you in Australia, unless Peter knows better.

19. Katie Bee

Katie Bee LostCousins Member

That's right Bryman and what a lot of emails it has generated with all sorts of companies and societies getting in touch to tell me about their updated privacy and cookies policy. Some asking me to re-subscribe, some asking me if I want to unsubscribe, some telling me I don't have to do anything.
    It seemed like a good idea for companies etc. to be more open about the data they keep, but I think we are all fed up with the resulting emails.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Heather

Thanks Bryman, as you say not really relevant to us Aussies OR is it Peter ?