1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Free records this weekend.

Discussion in 'Latest news' started by Fern49, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Fern49

Fern49 LostCousins Star

2. Fern49

Fern49 LostCousins Star

Oops I've just read Peter's newsletter where he mentions the free weekend.

3. Margery

Margery LostCousins Member

Doesn't the newsletter say it's Findmypast?

4. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Correct

5. GillW

GillW LostCousins Member

Free Ancestry this weekend 18 - 20th Feb.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 3
  6. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Look out for my newsletter, coming very soon, which will have more details.

7. GillW

GillW LostCousins Member

Ancestry will be free over Easter weekend.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  8. peter

Please use the link in the newsletter (under Stop Press).

9. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

It's not in Stop Press yet for me, for which areas is it free?

10. GillW

GillW LostCousins Member

I do not see it in the Stop Press either. The free areas are the UK and Commonwealth.

11. Tim

Thanks Gill, I only have UK atm, so that could be good.

12. peter

Sorry, I have a new system, and whilst I updated the local copy, I omitted to update the online version. It has now been done.

13. Tim

14. Bryman

Bryman LostCousins Megastar

Tim, your link looks good for the updated message. Did you refresh your copy to get the latest version, ie CNTL+F5 ?

15. Tim

I didn't actually, when I used the link from the email again to get to the newsletter it brought up the new Stop Press.

But I did try that when Peter 1st mentioned he'd updated Stop Press, which is why I commented that I couldn't see it yet.

16. Fern49

Fern49 LostCousins Star

I've logged into Ancestry and the records (Commonwealth) aren't free to me.

17. peter

Perhaps you've logged into the wrong Ancestry site? The link I provided is to Ancestry.co.uk but as you're in New Zealand Ancestry might have taken you to their Australian site.

18. Fern49

Fern49 LostCousins Star

Thanks for that Peter, it did occur to me, and yes Ancestry keeps sending me over to the Australian site. I find that odd with the Commonwealth records on their site as well.

19. Tim

I can't get access to some New Zealand records, most annoying.

20. Katie Bee

Katie Bee LostCousins Member

Thanks for the link Peter. It gave much better and clearer results than the link in the Ancestry emails that I received.
    The Ancestry link gave limited results and always wanted you to sign up to the free trial.

As ever Lost Cousins comes up trumps!
    I found a number of children of Canadian relatives and a query over a marriage that I had been given!
    The marriage, I was given by a family member, was dated 1919, but in the 1921 Canada census the husband was classed as a lodger.
    I wonder where that will take me.

Thanks again Peter, I had given up on Ancestry free weekends as I found the searching useless, with your link all came good again, thanks.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1