1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Just FOUR days to find the owner of this ring!

Discussion in 'Somerset' started by peter, Jul 1, 2015.

1. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Were these ladies (named in the will) widows? No mention of their respective husbands.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. uncle024

uncle024 LostCousins Star

Marguerite Rawlings & Frances Britten are not widowed as of 2015. Rosalie Wallace was probably a widow in 2002, but yet to found husbands death. The plot thickens as they say!
    The fourth beneficiary of the will, Ruth Nelson is proving more problematic, seems to have moved from Rush Ash Farmhouse, Lipyeate, Coleford by 2008. DOB 1960-1970 but cannot find any marriage.

3. uncle024

uncle024 LostCousins Star

Names in Will, this looks like the first name on the list. As death recent its not on-line so not able to trace her family:-
    https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/L-58551-417840
    Deceased Estates Details of the deceased
    Claim expires:29 February 2008
    Surname:NELSON First name:Ruth Date of death:30 November 2007
    Last address of the deceased Person address details:Rush Ash Farm, Lipyeate, Coleford, Radstock, B & NE Somerset.
    Details of the Executor/Personal representative
    Executor/Personal Representative:FDC Law, Argyll House, Bath Street, Frome, Somerset BA11 1DP. (James Hollis and David Gazzard)

4. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

This is the same address as the executors of Michael Jackson's will - probably different people in the same firm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SWeaver

SWeaver LostCousins Member

Have been reading this thread with great interest. Thanks to all participants. Must say so glad Peter 'won' the ring and will continue to read to find out what happens to it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. peter

Still waiting for it to turn up in the post.....

7. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Any news Peter?

8. Anne B

Anne B Member

It seems that Ruth Nelson was Michael's live-in girlfriend as he describes the house as "our home" in his will and leaves it to her to live in for her lifetime if she wishes.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  9. peter

Still waiting - I did confirm that it hadn't been despatched yet. Normally items sold are picked up rather than posted (makes sense when it's a bicycle!).

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  10. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

I got the impression he may have been a bit of a 'ladies man' ;)

11. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  12. CarolB08

CarolB08 LostCousins Member

Having read with great interest to this point :) I find myself very frustrated that the story ends here and I do not get to find out if Peter passed the ring on or found living relatives with a greater claim. :(
    What happened next please ????????

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Just wondering about this a couple of days ago......

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. peter

All will be revealed in due course...

• Thanks! Thanks! x 4
  15. MartinB

MartinB LostCousins Member

I'm looking forward to hearing the outcome but in the meantime I am concerned that, notwithstanding our good intentions, we are collectively identifying the names, addresses and even telephone numbers of living persons, contrary to normal genealogical practice, and doing so on a publicly accessible website. Perhaps some of that detail should be redacted before this story gets a wider airing?

16. peter

24 March 1950 - Shepton Mallet Journal

upload_2017-12-6_9-53-26.png