1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

My Ancestors beta

Discussion in 'Latest news' started by peter, Oct 25, 2014.

1. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

And you've got me thinking about some other possible improvements.....

2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Sounds good.

3. Bryman

Bryman LostCousins Megastar

I don't recall reading about this situation before so apologies if this is a repeat.

I have just entered a reference for 1881 where someone was the only person aboard a vessel (in harbour?) at the Isle of Wight. Piece and Folio numbers are given but not the Page. The LC instruction in this case is to enter the Page as 0 (zero). However, when the reference check arrow is clicked in this case, the entry is not found. The Page No needs to be omitted in order to find the census entry.

Please could any Page value of zero be removed automatically by the LC process before the check is submitted to FMP?
    If that is not easily possible, please can the instructions be amended to explain that the Page needs to be omitted for a successful check?

4. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the suggestion - I think you'll find it's working now.

5. Bryman

Bryman LostCousins Megastar

I repeated the same reference check from My Ancestors page and still did not find the entry. Clicking on "Edit Search" showed that the Page No was zero but when I returned to My Ancestors page, the reference displayed did not include the Page No. A further check for the reference was then successful so presumably something just needed to be reset or re-intialised.

It all seems to be working now. Thank you.

6. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

Browsers have an annoying habit of remembering the last time you visited a page and serving up the same page again without asking the server to refresh it. So if you got an error the first time you get one again a second time. A refresh as you did will clear the issue. Sometimes this is just try again sometimes a shift click to refresh, sometimes stop the browser and restart.